SeaMonkey Vision: Security
- Protect and enhance security and privacy of
SeaMonkey users as far as possible.
- Individuals' security on the Internet is
fundamental and cannot be treated as optional. (see The Mozilla
- The suite needs to offer its users realistic options for
understanding, managing, combining, sharing and moving
data created by or about them.
- SeaMonkey needs to provide its users the ability to understand,
access, manage, combine, share, and move their data.
- When a feature that provides more security
threatens to invade privacy (e.g. sending some of the user's
data to a server to check for possible security risks), this effect
needs to be minimized, both weighted against each other for default
settings, and an option to disable this feature must be provided in