SeaMonkey Vision: Configurability
- Provide choice to power users through a reasonable set of
configurable and customizable features paired
with extensibility through add-ons
- Power users, being one of the main target groups of SeaMonkey, should
be able to choose what functionality they
want to use in what way.
- At the same time, the amount of options must be kept
comprehensible for users that are not yet
accustomed to everything SeaMonkey has to offer and managable for the
team writing and maintaining the code.
- Development of SeaMonkey add-ons should
be made as easy as possible, for example through providing similar or
the same APIs as Firefox and Thunderbird for add-on developers.
- Everything normal SeaMonkey users need to tweak should be available
in UI preferences, things only a small
minority of very advanced users want to change should not be in
standard preferences UI.
- Add-ons should be able to easily extend,
configure and customize functionality.