- Days of "only works with MSIE 4+ or Netscape 4+" are mostly over
- Nowadays it's "only works with MSIE 6+ or Firefox 1.5+"
- Most such sites work fine with Gecko itself, but not with non-FF UAs
- This is not about some obscure tech religious stuff
- Discriminating against clients, limiting choice on the browser market
- We'd like sites to Just Work with all standards based browsers
- Need to work with mozilla.org on educating web developers
- Never completely shut out unknown browsers
- Maybe display warning page and let users continue
- Idea: extension for FF, etc. that warns people about discriminating sites
- Maybe doing transparent
but automatic UA-spoofing as needed
- Hooks for "tech evang" / anti-discrimination activites
- Would perfectly follow the Mozilla Manifesto -
maybe something for Mozilla Labs?