- Port of SeaMonkey to the "new toolkit"
- Retaining the feel of the suite, but based on newer technology
- Improve the look with a new default theme
(based on toolkit's *stripe, using a new icon set)
- Use toolkit's infrastructure where reasonably possible:
Extension Manager, help viewer,
update mechanism, satchel + new password manager,
toolbar customization, error console, etc.
- Base suite-specific functionality and/or UI on toolkit where reasonable:
grippytoolbar as XBL extension to toolkit toolbars,
custom tabbrowser using toolkit's browser element,
several overlays to toolkit windows, etc.
- Ease porting of Firefox/Thunderbird extensions to SeaMonkey
- Make Lighting calendar work with SeaMonkey
- Integrate a profile migrator (primary for old suites, FF/TB)
- Use NSIS for the Windows installer
- First release as the Gecko-1.9-based SeaMonkey
for more details and bug pointers.